YOUTH Program – Assessment, Treatment and Referral Services
Youths aged 25 and under (and those who support them) who are affected by substance or alcohol use can access our programs through:
- Full assessment of a youth’s drug and/or alcohol use and its impact on relationships, education/ employment, legal, leisure, physical and emotional health
- Counselling for the youth and his/her family
- Services available for young people affected by someone else’s substance use
- Additional referrals as required to meet client needs
- Community support and education.
- Active outreach support to assist young adults in overcoming homelessness, unemployment, and limited education to address their substance use and/or mental health concerns
- 4-session workshop informs and teaches skills that improve positive, healthy decision-making related to substance use
- Provides parent support during the program and referrals to further support.
- Provide services for parents of youths in EACAS Youth Programs, but are also available to parents whose young person not involved in our programs
- The Parent Education Group is a 5-week program available on Monday evenings which provides parents with an understanding of youth substance use, and strategies to assist them with dealing with these issues. Individual sessions are also available.